Size: 60-80 and 80-100gr
Packing: IQF 10kg bulk/ctn
Markets: Europe, Middle East, North America, Asia, South America, Africa
Vietnamese sweet and sour pangasius soup
Canh chua in Vietnamese, a popular soup that you can order at just about any restaurant or food vendor. It actually tastes heavenly when the weather is hot. It has the perfect blend of sweet, sour and spice, with more than three types of fresh herbs which really enhance the flavor.
Ingredients: (3-4 portions)
3 slices of fresh base (pangasius) or catfish
1~3 fresh hot chillies, seedless, finely chopped
1 elephant ear stem, peeled, sliced ⅓ inch thick
1 cup okra, sliced ⅓ inch thick
1 cup bean sprouts, washed, drained well
1 tomato, peeled, cut in wedges
1~2 key limes, juiced
2 cloves of garlic, peeled, chopped
¼ pineapple, peeled
1 tbsp tamarind paste
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp fish sauce
½ cup rice paddy herb, chopped into 1 inch lengths
¼ cup finely chopped sawtooth coriander
¼ cup finely chopped green onion
½ cup finely chopped cilantro
1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Wash the fish, then use a paper towel to pat the fish slices dry. Rub the fish slices with chili. Sprinkle both sides with salt. Then let them marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare other ingredients. Mix tamarind paste with 1 cup of boiling water. Let it sit.
- Add oil in a sauce pan. Set over medium heat. When the oil starts to smoke, add garlic. Saute until the garlic smells good and turns light brown, then take the garlic out.
- Add 2 cups of water. Hot oil may splash out of the pan, so be careful. Use a sieve to s
train off the pulp and seeds only pour the juice of the tamarind paste in the pan. Then add sugar and salt. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Place the fish into the boiling pan. Reduce the heat to medium low. Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
Then take the fish out. Cover to keep warm.
- Add pineapple, tomato. Bring to a boil again.
Add fish sauce, lime juice in bit by bit. Taste the soup for a balance of sweet, sour, spicy, and salty flavor. Adjust to your liking. For more depth of flavor, add a little more fish sauce, or more lime juice if it’s too sweet.
- Let the soup boil again. Then add bean sprouts, okra, and elephant ear stems.
Bring to a boil again. Add the sawtooth coriander, green onion, and cilantro and now you're done!
Add the fish back into the pan if you don't eat right away.
Before serving, sprinkle with fried garlic.
You eat fish dipped in chili fish sauce. It's very tasty! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1L_e5dGjkE&feature=youtu.be